Skip to main content

161st Street Yankee Stadium on the 4/B/D Trains Part 2

What's up peeps!!! Welcome back to the SiscoVanilla Rides and Dines blogpage. In my last post I visited the classic Yankee Tavern at the 4/B/D 161st Street Yankee Stadium train station. 

For today's post I'm visiting one of the newer bars in the area of Yankee Stadium: The Bronx Drafthouse. 

The Bronx Drafthouse (885 Gerard Avenue, Bronx NY 929-265-9759) boasts on their website of having 30-craft beers on draft along with 20-craft beers in cans along with a full food menu

I was there after jury duty and was celebrating my friend Myron's birthday. The bar has both indoor and outdoor seating. The Bronx Drafthouse has a very vibrant vibe that is a mix of locals and baseball fans. I would say that the bar has a younger demographic that leads to its upbeat vibe. I also noticed some children sitting in the outdoor seating area but none inside. On to the food and drink. 

As per custom, I like to see if there are any beers that I haven't had. My eye focused on a fancy tap handle for the La Fin du Monde Belgian Tripel which is brewed by French Canadian brewery Unibroue

Unibroue has been brewing craft beers in Quebec since 1992 and their La Fin du Monde is a smooth beer that belies its potent 9% ABV. The Unibroue website describes their La Fin du Monde beer as follows:

"This rich and sophisticated golden tripel has earned several international titles thanks to its refined taste marked by notes of grains, fruit and spice, supported by a slight bitterness.

It is a tribute to Quebec, the land encountered by 16th-century French explorers who thought they’d reached the end of the world.

NOSE

Floral bouquet, fresh baguette, with aromas of honey, spices, coriander, malt and alcohol.

FLAVOR

Mildly hoppy palate with notes of grains, fruit and spice, followed by a smooth, dry finish. A perfect balance of sugar, acidity, bitterness, spices and alcohol."

I didn't find it too be strong. It wasn't a heavy beer on the palate but after two pints it was certainly an asskicker.😁 Had I known that the beer was best paired with seafood or sausage I would have ordered something appropriate. But I was still on the buffalo wings kick and ordered myself a plate of wings. 


I need to order something different for future posts. 😆 On a side note, keep in mind that the Bronx Drafthouse automatically adds an 18% gratuity to all orders regardless of the size of the group. 

For now this my last post on places to visit near Yankee Stadium. I have tickets for later  in the season, I'll find somewhere else to go during those games. 

Any recommendations? Leave them in the comment box. 

Until Then May You Have Some Happy, Safe and Responsible Drinking, 

SiscoVanilla

#SiscoVanilla
#SiscoVanillaRidesandDines
#SiscoVanillaHasABrewski
#SiscoVanillaBeer Chronicles

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Castle Hill Avenue on the 6 Train Part 1

Hey Hey peeps, what's up!!! Thank you in advance for giving my page a view. For today's post I'm at the Castle Hill Station which is on the Pelham Line 6 train. On my day off I undertook a long walk and engaged in some lunchtime brews and grub at the Havana Café on Castle Hill . Since 2017, Havana Café on Castle Hill Avenue (1247 Castle Hill Avenue, Bronx NY 718-822-4800) brings a little slice of Cuba with a Bronx twist. Havana Café has a nice feel to it. The seating area has banquettes that go across the length of the restaurant with a roughly 13 seat reverse L shaped bar. In terms of food and drinks, Havana Café has a f ull liquor bar with house cocktails (such as the Curvy Colada) as well as bottle, can and draft beers. The drinks accompany a full food menu. Brunch on Saturday and Sundays 12-4. Happy hour Monday to friday 3-7. On to what I had at the Havana Café. For today's food and drink pairing, I ordered a delicious and solid steak sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes

161st Street Yankee Stadium on the 4/B/D Trains Part 1 April 16, 2023

Hello peeps!!! Happy 2023 Baseball Season!!! Life is good with America's Pastime being back with the arrival of some beautiful weather. Today's post focuses on the 161st Street Yankee Stadium stop on the 4 and the B and D trains line.  Both the IRT Lexington Line and the IND Sixth Avenue Line converge at this busy stop. Not only is Yankee Stadium located here, but this is the court/legal district for the county of The Bronx. Since there are a plethora of places to eat and drink at this particular station, I'm going to break it down in a number of posts.  The first location will focus on a classic tavern of 161st Street: The Yankee Tavern. The Yankee Tavern (72 East 161st Street, Bronx NY 718-292-6130) has been serving the neighborhood since 1927 and in recent years has been going through a series of renovations.  The Yankee Tavern is one of the many places near the stadium where fans go to pre-game and post-game during Yankee games and concerts that are held at Yankee Stad